Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Therapy - The Last Private Place?

I may be getting older, but I may also be getting wiser (not sure, depends on the day). But as I look at all the vast changes in our lives from technology, I start to think of how special and unique the therapy office is really becoming.

Soon, it may be one of the only places where....

* you are not recorded
* you are not surveilled
* you are not multitasking
* you are not marketed at
* you are not connected to some kind of screen
* you are not interrupted
* you are not Tweeting, Facebooking, Instagraming, or taking a selfie
* your reality is not intermediated or "enhanced"

I think, like the extinction of quiet, this extinction of privacy will have more negative effects on us than we think.

I am glad to offer a place where we will sit in just our humanness, just in the moment with each other.

Sincerely, Peter

No comments: