Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Facebook Fast - the Fascinating Response from Friends

So I am about a week into my Facebook fast. I'll be writing about some of my experiences with it in a future blog post.

But the thing I wanted to share quickly was a response I got from a half a dozen friends - the SAME thing - when I posted that I was going offline (from FB at least).

"Are you OK?"

They were sincerely worried. I guess in this day and age, removing yourself from the electronic town square (and announcing you are doing so) must seem worrisome.

I am OK, by the way, but I am definitely wanting to see more clearly the impact of Facebook on my life, my mood, my habits, my productivity, my marriage - everything. And the only way I know how to do that is by stepping away from it fully for a while.

Anyone else tried a Facebook fast?


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OK, I saw my comment tagged me onto my other social media site, which I wasn't too thrilled about. Tried to delete, anyway -- but I'll just say it… I am most likely going to try to take a FB fast too.